This is a small, baro-only recording dual-deploy altimeter for model rocketry
EasyMini is available from the Garbee and Garbee web store, and should be available from our distributors soon.
For the latest EasyMini firmware and related ground station software, please visit the AltOS page on this site. EasyMini requires AltOS version 1.3 or later.
These are photos of a prototype version, we haven't take photos of the production units yet:
- Recording altimeter for model rocketry
- Supports dual deployment (can fire 2 ejection charges)
- Barometric pressure sensor good to 100k feet MSL
- Designed to use a battery supplying 3.7V-12V.
- 1.5 x 0.8 inch board designed to fit inside 24mm airframe coupler tube
- 2MB on-board data logging flash
- Weighs only 6.5g (less than 1/4 oz)
- Hardware Features
- Software Features
- Written mostly in C with some ARM assembler
- Runs from on-chip flash, uses on-chip RAM, stores flight data to flash memory part
- Tools Used
An outline of the board with drill hole locations is available in pdf format.
For those who don't have ready access to the gEDA suite, here are pdf snapshots of the files for production PCB version 1.0 in more easily readable form.