This is a tiny, baro-only recording altimeter for model rocketry with integrated telemetry link.
We hope with TeleNano to deliver an interesting "introductory" product in a different price category than our flagship products like TeleMetrum. The combination of a baro altimeter and radio direction finding ability in a super-tiny package seems like it might be fun even for Estes sized rockets!
- Recording altimeter for model rocketry
- 70cm ham-band transceiver for telemetry downlink
- Barometric pressure sensor good to 45k feet MSL
- Designed to use a single LiPo rechargeable battery
- 1.0 x 0.5 inch board designed to fit inside 18mm airframe coupler tube
- Hardware Features
- Software Features
- Written mostly in C with some 8051 assembler
- Runs from on-chip flash, uses on-chip RAM, stores flight data to upper blocks of on-chip flash
- Tools Used
Two generations of hardware prototypes have been built and work, but we don't know if or when TeleNano will move into production. TeleMini is basically TeleNano plus dual deployment, and the additional cost of the deployment parts is low enough to make TeleMini a more compelling product.